Monday, January 18, 2010

Spinach, Ricotta, Lasagna, OH MY

If cooking were a guy this could be the best love affair I have ever been in.
Now granted I am not a fabulous cook, actually I don't cook a whole lot.
But when I do, it is pretty awesome. I get the joy out of making a whole new creation.
I love being in the kitchen, just me, the ingredients and Darius Rucker, or Brad Paisley or the Glee soundtrack (or whatever else I am in the mood for).

So last night I decided to embark on an adventure: making Lasagna Roll-Ups. I made them for a family friend who was going through some difficulties.
Even if you suck at cooking, bowling hot water, etc, then this recipe is for you. SUPER EASY. But sorry you actually do have to know how to boil water for this one.


Vegetable Lasagna Roll-Ups

10 oz of chopped spinach (I like the spinach that comes in the can)
1c. part-skim ricotta
2 tbsp basil
1 egg
lasagna noodles
Marinara sauce
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
1/4c grated Parmesan

Mix spinach with ricotta, basil, eggs. Spoon onto 8 cooed lasagna noodles.
Roll the Lasagna noodles up.
Place in a baking dish. Tops with 3c. marinara sauce, 1/2 c shredded mozzarella and 1/4 c. grated Parmesan.

Bake 45 minutes or until brown on top in 375 F.

Serves 4, Calories per serving 396


Options: Add Zucchini, Squash and other veggies you love

Recipe was taking from Good House Keeping :)

1 comment: