Friday, November 20, 2009

A Cookie Break Between Packing, Exams and New Moon T-Shirts

Life has been crazy. Not that my life isn't always crazy- because it is. It just feels like things have been extra crazy lately. Taking exams early, packing for Vegas, skipping class to pack, making Twilight T-shirts. Ya Know. Crazy.

But no matter how crazy my life gets there will always be a few constants and baking is one of those. I was sick all week- the dreary I need to pee but the effort required to walk the 10 feet to the bathroom is to much so i'll hold in kind of sickness. Although there was some Gilmore Girls incorporated in which is why I don't mind getting sick, weird- i know. But by Thursday I saw the light at the end of tunnel and I actually left my house for the first time in like 3 days- which with the craziness my life involves is amazing that i didn't go anywhere. Truly, it was.

So by Thursday there was class, more sleeping and of course Gilmore Girls. Oh and orders not to go to class- The Vegetarian maintained that I needed to save my strength for New Moon. Valid point, besides that's what friends are for- get better cuz I'm dragging your ass to see this movie. :) Love it. But a miraculous thing occurred- I got my energy back and after throwing myself a fiesta for dinner I decided to bake.

Lets be honest and say at that point I wasn't up for much but I did manage to whip up a batch of No-Bake Cookie. And let me say these cookies were delic! They reminded me of the ones my Aunt Karen used to make. I would go down to visit her with my grandma and me and my sister would have burping contest with my cousins and she would make us cookies and play video games with us when the boys weren't there. Having typed that- Wow. What a woman to put up with all that- I sounded like tom-boy terror. haha. I was.

But Aunt Karen's cookies were always the best. I never did get the recipe, at that point i was to preoccupied playing with the boys but these cookies are incredible. Much thanks to the Brown Eyed Baker for posting these! These come together super quick and are very easy. But lack of work does not result in lack of taste. If you have 10-15 minutes to spare and a choclate craving these are the cookies for you! I halves the recipe when I made it and it yielded a dozen large cookies but this recipe doubles or even triples easily.

No-Bake Cookies

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats

Add the butter, sugar, milk and cocoa powder to a 4-quart saucepan and bring to a roling boil for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla, stiring until smooth. Then stir in the oats. Form into cookie shapes on a cookie sheet and let set. Then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment