Thursday, November 5, 2009

Oreo Pudding and The Travesty of Being With Out Butter

Today I had to take a stats exam which was très mauvais. Upon finishing and rushing home I decided I need to bake. Running was out of the question as I hadn't stretched very well after my run last night and was très sore. But upon opening the fridge and waiting for a moment of divine inspiration- which was chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies, I realized I had one insurmountable obstacle- I was out of butter.

I know what you're thinking- out of butter- that's your travesty and yes it is. I had planned some lovely cookies for you with lots of colorful pictures and enough left over to wrap up and take to work with you. It would have been grand.

So in an effort to inundate you with more post and provide you with a euphoric concoction to make this weekend I open up my recipe binder and stumbles upon one of my favorite desserts- Oreo Pudding. I came across the recipe years ago in the most awkward way. I was at a cookout with some friends of my parents friends down in Tennessee. I don't really remember much about what we ate or how the evening went (other than that i ran through a screen door- it was dark okay?) but I do remember the pudding. It was delightful. It was like a symphony of flavor in mouth the Oreo's the smoothness of the pudding. I was hooked and I asked for the recipe right then.

So without further ado-

Oreo Pudding

1 box Oreo Cookies
1 small box vanilla pudding
1 large container of cool whip
1 8oz cream cheese

Mix pudding according to directions on box. Mix in cool whip and cream cheese. Crumble 3/4 of Oreo's and fold into pudding mixture. Place remaining cookies on top. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment