Monday, November 9, 2009

S'mores Bars- Yum Yum!

S'mores Bars. Amazing. Right now as I type this I am eating the very last one and thinking to myself that I should stop by the store on my way home tonight and make another batch. They're that good. And I mean good. Plus they are super quick to put together- always a plus in my book. Easy and delicious- I dare you to say no.

I originally found the recipe on JoytheBaker's blog but her recipe called for 3 sticks of butter and corn syrup!!! I wouldn't call my self super healthy but in an effort to keep my pants fitting and to look good while in Vegas I decided to change the recipe up. No offense Joy but you must have a metabolism like my friend Eric- the kid is like 6'2, 160 pounds and you can see every stinkin rib- he kinda reminds me of a Holocaust survivor except this kid is constantly eating. Needless to say I'm extremely jealous but i digress.

Any ways- I decided to make a chocolate ganache and add a little bit extra butter to get in to a runny consistency to coat the graham crackers, but i must say I that I love, love, LOVE a good ganache so i prolly made this adaptation out of pure selfishness and maybe out of lack of corn syrup. haha. Did I mention how much I love a good ganache?

But seriously- make these- according to the small group they are the second best thing i've ever made, and trust me that says alot.

S'mores Bars

adapted from Joythebaker.com


1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 c heavy cream
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped pieces)
12 oz graham crackers
2 handfulls of mini marshmellows, plus a few

Liberally grease a 13x9 pan and set aside. Combine butter and cream in sauce pan and slowly bring to a boil over medium heat. Place chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl and set aside. Once butter and cream are combined and being to boil pour the mixture directly over the chocolate. Let sit for 5 minutes and then whip until smooth.

Break graham crackers into pieces into large bowl. Add marshmellows and pour chocolate mixture over top, mixing until chocolate has saturated graham crackers and marshmellows. Scrape into 13x9 pan and sprinkle few extra marshmellows on top. Press down with spatula (like you do with rice crispies). Refrigerate 2 hours or until solid and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment